MOIST METAL GRIP ® is a tough adherent, 2 component Epoxy coating, which produces a hard, yet flexible coating film. These epoxy products will demonstrate excellent chemical and solvent resistance when utilized in harsh atmospheres and will also provide outstanding water and humidity resistance. MOIST METAL GRIP ® will adhere tenaciously to a variety of substrates, such as carbon steel ( phosphated or non-phosphated ), wood, and concrete. These products can be utilized in DTM ( direct-to-metal ) applications, with excellent success, as they have been fortified with a very efficient, nontoxic, rust inhibitive pigment.
* Standard color: Glossy white
* Can be tinted any color with a minimum of 250 gallons
* Solids: 51% by volume, 67% by weight
* Dry Time: Eight hours to touch/overcoat window is twenty four hours, or longer @ 70°F. degrees/ fully cured in 14 days
* Lead and Chromate free
* Cures by Chemical reaction
* Weight: 10.1 lbs. per gallon (11.15 lbs. Once reacted)
* Vehicle Type: Amine epoxy
* Pot Life: 4 - 6 hours @ 70°F. degrees - 1 hour at 90°F (32°C)
* Shelf Life: up to 3 years (unopened) under appropriate storage conditions (see MSDS)
* VOC Level: White 1.32 lbs./gallon; 158 grams/liter
* Heat Resistant: Can withstand 400°F. degrees (205°C.)
* Mix ratio: 1 part curing agent to 4 parts base
* Induction period: 30 minutes @ 70°F.
• Application: Brush, roller, spray
• Outstanding adhesion
• Excellent flexibility
• Excellent impact resistance
• Good solvent resistance, can be washed down
• Salt Spray Corrosion Test: ASTM B117 \ 450 hours evaluation ASTM D1654 over black steel
Rating Procedure B:9 Key to rating 0 - 10 ASTM D1654 0 = complete failure, 10 = excellent
Approved for potable water usage under: AWWA D102-78 Sec. 3.2 Inside paint system No. 1
Unless Superior Products provides a written warranty of fitness for a particular use, Superior Product's sole warranty is that the product, as supplied, will meet then current sales specifications and is specific only to return of product found to be defective upon opening of container within one year. Customer's exclusive remedy and Superior's sole liability for breach of warranty is limited to refund of the purchase price or replacement of any product shown to be other than as warranted and Superior Products expressly disclaims any liability for incidental or consequential damage.